Sunday, July 23, 2006

My Girl!

Well, we are missing church again. I have a horrible loud ringing noise in my ears and Clint has to work. I would try to go but I would not be able to hear very well. I wish I could be there! =(
Anyway, this morning while I was reading some stuff online, I heard Lorna playing in the laundry basket. It was filled with clothes I just pulled from the dryer and she was trying to pull out a pair of my pants. She was doing pretty good and then hit a snag when one of the legs was caught under a bunch of other clothes. she started fussing and getting really angry about it. I leaned over and kinda pulled on the pant leg so that it would give a little but, I wanted her to finish the job. So I sat back and told her to try again. She was still pretty upset and had been pacing the floor. She finally came back and starting pulling again and it still was difficult but she kept saying in a crying and very upset voice..."there I go"! I tried so hard not to laugh. I encouraged her to pull harder. As she felt the pants give way her voice and attitude went from absolute frustration and self pitty to joy and great self worth! She then yelled with laughter as they spilled out of the basket..."There I go"! =) I just thought that was so cute. It makes me relize how important my role is as an encourager and comforter in the family. Lorna gets so frustrated so easily and all I have to do is give her a little hope and it makes things all better. Also it reveals a little about Lorna. She was pretty determined, I think that's pretty cool. Scary too...kinda. Anyway, God is so good!
Well, I better run. My head is starting to hurt. Yucky!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Peacock Pearl said...

Hey we missed you at church this morning! also i was going to give lorna an invitation to micah's party. it's on saturday morning at 10am at the lake in gladewater. I hope you can make it!!!!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I missed you too! It's so boring here somtimes. I feel bad for Lorna because I haven't been up to doing a whole lot today.

Thanks for the invite! I will definately come! As long as no one from GA comes and takes me away, lol. =)

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home