Mi familia y mi amigos




Today my friends from South Georgia came to visit. It was so great to see everyone. I have known Saige(Plunk), Leah, and Daniel Dean for a while now. They are more like family to me. Of course Saiges hubby David and sweet little Aubie are too. Aubie is so cute and looks just like Saige. She has such a pleasant demeanor. Lorna once again was quite fussy. I think that she is ready for some normalcy in her life again. My sister Dinah was here, she wanted to see everyone too. We all talked about Leah's cross country trip she recently made. She went to London, Paris, and Scotland. If I remember correctly, I believe that Scotland was her favorite. She really enjoyed the patriotic spirit there. She said that their (she went with several people) tour guide called everything in Scotland the "greatest" and "God's country". We both talked about how wonderful it is to be proud of ones country and that we are both proud of ours. Is it perfect? No. But it is the best! =)Saige and I talked a lot about mommy and baby things since we both know how all that goes. I can tell that Saige is a fabulous mommy! Aubie is such a happy little one. Saige also made Lorna a gift. A really cute bunny that kinda has a neat antique look about it. Well, after everyone left, including my parents...They went to see the Fantastic 4 or 5, Dinah stayed with me and we had some good sister time together. I am so proud of her. She is working so hard and I know that when she goes to culinary school that she will do great. Well, I am tired so I must leave it at that. I will write more about today later. Love you all!

4 Comments:
where in Georgia are you? Maybe I could come visit! I get to go to Washington D.C. on Monday, I've never been so I'm excited, have you ever been? Will this be Clint's first time?
I am in Nothwest Georgia, a small town called Rome. I am actually going to Virginia on the 12th. I haven't seen Clint in about two weeks and I miss him so much. We were actually talking about going to D.C. too. Clint has been twice but I have never been, so I can't wait. If you need a place to crash on the way to D.C. just let me know. I am pretty close to Tennessee, about an hour 1/2 at the most. It would be great to see you.
By the way, how is Melissa Bushey doing? I think about here a good bit. Does she have a blog site?
Anyway, let me know! =)
Hey! I talked to Melissa on the phone today. Paul went down there today and he'll be there until Monday. He has a 4-day leave.
I want to see a picture of Lorna! She's got to be so big! Emily's sitting by herself now, too! We had her in a high chair at TX Road House tonight with nothing to prop her and she did great! And she's crawling pretty well. She took 5 crawl-steps in a row today. =) You can tell she's concentrating to do it and it's really cute.
Still no jobs. Nobody's called. But Harp found a cool one to apply for in Pueblo (and applied for it) and he's really excited about it.
We're back in Greeley and we're going to a dinner theatre tomorrow night. I really need to post because I have a lot to say. But I will just tell you some now anyway. =P My parents gave me my great-grandma's Bible. It was given to her by her mom in 1920 for her 30th birthday. It's all marked up and you know she read it lots! I'm so excited 'cause I'm going to meet her someday. And I wonder if she ever prayed for me and Emily... I bet she did. =) It makes me glad that I have some sort of a Christian heritage!
I also found my great-great-grandfather's Bible from the 1860's and his autograph book from his graduation at Harvard in 1859. Back then, I'm pretty sure it was still a Christian college where they were required to study the Bible. Anyway his Bible is all marked up too and he has a reading plan glued to the inside cover. There is an original autograph and picture of Henry W. Longfellow, who got an honorary degree there the year my gg-grandpa graduated. I don't know anything about him, so I'm going to google him. =P
And my mom showed me a bunch of family heirlooms. Tatting that my nana's great grandmother did and my great-great grandmother's bonnet... It was really neat to see all that stuff.
Okay well Harp wants to go to bed so I'll talk to you later. Glad you got the sheets! =)
Love Katie
Hey! You need to post, girl! I want pictures of Lorna. =)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home